Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New Era for America

I watched in total awe as the world celebrated Obama's victory last night. I'm so freakin' thankful I'm alive to see history being made! I expected his win but when CNN announced it, it had this air of unreality to it....like really? Really really? Can I exhale now? Two things stood out: the faces in the crowd as Obama spoke after his announced victory and the worldwide celebrations. Both were far more inspiring to me than the speech itself, which was amazing in and of itself. What a guy. But to see school kids in Indonesia celebrating, citizens in Beijing, Paris, Kenya...WOW. Blew my mind. And I don't mean just smiling, these people are all out whooping it up. They are full on elated. Cool pics here... http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/05/world.reaction/index.html#cnnSTCPhoto

"This is our moment. This is our time -- to put our people back to work and open doors of opportunity for our kids; to restore prosperity and promote the cause of peace; to reclaim the American Dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth -- that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people: Yes We Can!"~President Barack Obama

No comments: